The Event Manager will report to the Festivals Director as part of the event management team; responsible for the planning, management and delivery of parts of multiple festivals and projects within the festivals.
Your role as Event Manager will be focused on delivering the sports aspects of Vision Nine’s festivals as well working on other areas of the events.
You will be responsible for end to end management of all aspects of the sports delivery including; creating a strategy, planning content, management and delivery. You will also manage the main stakeholder in this area - working with governing bodies, suppliers and key players within the industry.
You will be tasked with driving forward the level of sports and content. To do this you will need to be creative, connected and passionate about the sport, culture and scenes that are relevant to Vision Nine which include surf, skate and BMX.
You will have an excellent knowledge of producing events, be highly organised and commercial minded with financial accountability enabling you to effectively plan and deliver multiple aspects of the festivals and complex projects within them.
You also will need an understanding of the other key areas; creative, marketing, rights and partnerships, production, site management, administration and coordination.
Key Responsibilities of the role
• Planning and delivering all sports content across Boardmasters and NASS festivals
• Working cross-departmentally (creative, marketing, rights & partnerships, production) to ensure all Vision Nine output is relevant and credible across all channels
• Be a voice and guardian for the event brands and tone of voice when dealing with external stakeholders, suppliers and athletes
• Working with the marketing team on creating, planning and delivering credible content across all our channels
• Content and competition planning and management to ensure our events and sports content are always cutting edge and continuously evolving
• Onsite management and delivery of planned content and competitions
• Networking within the industry
• Athlete management including invitations and hospitality
• Supplier management for the sport specific contractors ensuring the right specialists are used
• End to end budget management of your sections within the event budgets
• Onsite delivery of the areas you are involved in
- Proven track record delivering the relevant areas
- Previous experience working within the industry with a solid base of contacts
- Passionate about surf, skate and BMX as well as the industry and other relevant culture surrounding Vision Nine’s events
- Be a leader to guide our events, content output and other departments within the business
- Able to plan and work to timelines and deadlines on multiple projects
- A meticulous and detailed planner
- Computer literate including use of word, excel and power point
- Happy to travel and work events away from home
- Ability to work some weekend for events and projects
Send your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com